Tuesday, June 2, 2009

sarahneedsajob.com

It all started in portfolio class.  Our final project was to make significant progress on a website for ourselves.  I had the hardest time finding a website builder that I liked so I ended up choosing a random one and throwing stuff in at the last minute.  I finished the class convinced that the kind of website I wanted to make with slideshows and side bars, etc. would be ridiculously expensive.  Yesterday, I picked it up again, trying to make some headway to my pathetic site which led me to two places.  

1) I downloaded a random new web server called Opera.  It's actually quite a bit awesome.

2) I became convinced that the builder I was using (webs.com) was useless.  After only a few minutes of searching I found wix.com and my life was changed.  I have spent a large part of the day working on my website and it is in very useable condition.  

My brother jokingly called it "sarahneedsajob.com," which is a fairly accurate description.  I would like to invite you to visit the real site wix.com/sarahchanis/portfolio.  If you need to make a website or if you're looking for a new browser, I would recommend either program.

No comments: