Friday, November 27, 2009

Frolicking In the Mud

(The sequel to Singing in the Rain)

Also known as Fall Break Pt. 2.  One of the reasons we wanted to revisit Mary Poppins in Houston instead of Dallas is because we had been planning for a month or two to go to a Pumpkin Patch in West.  The long-awaited adventure came after a full week of deluge and five of us made our way to the Pumpkin Patch.  Most anticipated and worthwhile was the corn maze, we split ways early on (my group finding the first dead end) and came to the place where there were three options and three of us.  We decided to each take a path and play Marco Polo to find each other again.  Forget Marco Polo in the pool, the game should only be played in a corn maze.  It was AWESOME.  There were a few other fall activites that we took advantage of -- hayride, rubber duck races, a corn cannon, and a cow train.  

We left for a Dairy Queen dinner then came back after it was dark for a Haunted House which also turned out to be in a cornfield.  Mostly the scariest part of the Haunted House was the mud that we were getting stuck in (Lauren lost one of her shoes for a while) and could no longer see.  We passed an area with a bunch of fake gravestones, at least one of which read "R.I.P."  Cynthia asked what it meant, so we told her 'rest in peace' to which she said, "Oh, I always thought R.I.P. was a really famous dead guy."  The best part; however, was the chainsaw.  Anna had heard it before we went in and was already unhappy about then so when the chainsawer actually passed us, she screamed and ran backward, slipped in the mud, fell over, and pulled Lisa down on top of her.  I'm not sure that's the friend I want around in a dangerous situation.  For a simple family farm, we had a wonderful adventure in my very first pumpkin patch.

The parting of ways at the first crossroads.

Anna had a sausage dog.  As a pig, I find that absolutely scandalous.

The cow train :)

No comments: