In five days, I went to four Christmas parties, participated in strike, pulled an all nighter, and had a read-thru for The Seagull.
The Seagull is the next show I'm stage managing and will be my last at Baylor. We just had the one rehearsal before the break then will hit it hard when we come back so that we'll be ready to open February 9. The all-nighter was the result of my final sound project and happened (unfortunately) right before our theatre banquet.
The banquet itself was pretty lame, but the company was good as always.
We stopped by my apartment to lounge for a bit before the after-banquet festivities began. Anna went paparazzi for a while, then we tried taking pictures together. We failed several times and ended with this one; not the most elegant, but somewhat picturesque and a pretty good
representation of our friendship :)
Not long after banquet the finals hit, which for me meant two days of essays and projects right on top of each other, then three days off before my last and favorite final. This was my favorite test for two reasons. 1) I did the math and discovered that I needed a 35 on the test in order to make and A in the class and an 85 to make a 100 for the semester. Let's just say I didn't lose any sleep over it. 2) The last question on the test was this:
One of Mr. Farris' [our professor's] favorite composers is...
A) Haydn
What more can you ask for? So with that excruciating test out of the way, I spent the rest of the week cleaning, lounging, hanging out, shopping, and all around spending some rare quality time with the roommate until this past Saturday. But that's a whole different story.
No comments:
Post a Comment