It consisted of several sessions on various related topics. Some of the sessions had their dull points, but many of them were useful in one way or another. I picked up a lot of useful tricks for the future, filled in a few more puzzle pieces of how professional theatres work, and received a lot of confirmation that my education at Baylor is a solid, empowering one.
USITT also includes an exposition floor with booths selling all manner of new technology and several rows of schools and theatres. I found it fascinating to see what's being made for theatres and was pleased to see that there are more companies than I realized making products specifically for theatrical events. I also had the chance to interview with a theatre in the middle of the conference just because I was there.
In the evenings we were able to see a bit of the city. A couple of our professors were also at the conference and we joined them for dinner a couple of nights, including one meal in a revolving restaurant above a hotel.
Overall, I am pleased to report that the trip was very fun and empowering. I'm keeping it in mind for next year...
Testing one of the flying machines
The four of us and the city
1 comment:
Great to hear!
Post a Comment