I find it odd how perception can impact us so much. This week has been completely influenced by the thought that a day should be going differently. Coming back from Christmas break it felt like I had been gone for as long as a summer. Greeting people gave me the same long-lost sensation that comes after a couple of months, not a couple of weeks. This intense perception of seperation also stems from my own willpower of completely severing the ties between the last semester and this new one.
However, since I jumped right into the semester it feels as though we have been going at this for months. It seems unbelievable to me that I saw my sister less than a week ago because my interaction with her is so completely removed from the world I'm living in now. There are classes, meetings, rehearsals, crews, dinners, errands, all familiar and continued actions giving the perception of an endless past of chores. It seems strange to walk through the theatre in the evening and find only one or two other people when normally there are at least three rehearsals taking place at any given time, but of course nothing is happening yet.
At the time, I am indifferent to most of these perceptions. They are not good or bad, they just give me an odd sensation when I realize that what I feel is happening is actually untrue.
Another odd sensation is the product of jet lag. A normal bedtime is anywhere between 1am and 3am and hopefully not later than that. A normal time to rise is between 9am to 9:30am and hopefully not much later than that. The latest I have gone to bed since coming home is 11pm and the latest to rise is 7:30am. I feel so productive! The first day of class I had checked my email, changed my class schedule, played some minesweeper, showered, emptied the dishwasher, and made breakfast all before 8am. It boggles the mind. Seriously.
1 comment:
Wow. All that & you still have not sent me pictures... (kidding!! you don't have to start throwing things!!)
Perceptions are interesting things.
Love ya!
Post a Comment