I woke up at 7am yesterday morning with a knot in my stomach (my alarm was set for 8). My heart starting fluttering and I had difficulty swallowing. It was Audition Day. Now, I am not an actress so I have never worried about any university audition, even the ones I had to perform for. The myriad of auditions that I have run from the outside were a cakewalk and realtively devoid of responsibility, but this was my first time to be on the inside as a Real Stage Manager. And while I knew the fear was unjustified, I still felt like I had missed something.
As expected, all my nervousness was ungrounded and auditions went very smoothly (we were even 20mins early at one point). It gave me the opportunity to see how extremely talented our department is and how difficult it would be to choose only 20 people from a group that is equally qualified. It was quite exciting to be in the thick of it and anticipation is all that is beating against my heart now.
Due to other show schedules, we are having a callback this afternoon for the people in the current show before continuing with auditions. This meant I was able to give an actual callback last night, leaving voicemails instead of emails. So there is a full day today and one tomorrow, then we'll have a cast list by the end of next week. UNBELIEVABLE. This thing is actually happening.
1 comment:
Well done!
Post a Comment