Saturday, April 4, 2009

Unexpected Events

I know that I never get the chance to write until Saturday, but my first story happened last Monday. We were in rehearsal and between working scenes, music, and dance, there were actors rehearsing in four different areas of the theatre. The music rehearsal was in the front lobby right outside the main theatre where we were running a scene and I could hear them dimly singing. I was glad to hear that they were working, but after a little bit, I heard loud screams. I rushed out of the theatre, ready to reprimand them for not paying attention and as soon as I opened the door someone (or several someones) shrieked, "Close the door, there's a bat!" Sure enough, there was a leathery winged creature swooping around above our heads. We tried encouraging the bat to leave the building, but it flew away from the theatre toward the art side and rehearsal continued as, well, normal.


The second event was perhaps less rare, but substantially more embarrassing. I was walking out of our dance studio and was on a mission to go upstairs. In my concentration, I turned too early and walked directly into the row of lockers that are outside. I didn't even know what I hit, until I had bounced off. Not a single soul was in the hallway to witness my humiliation, but a friend wanted a reenactment and we did a quick photo shoot:



































7 comments:

K. Leatherwood said...

OUCH!

chanisgrace said...

hahaha! it was pretty much just hilarious!

Anonymous said...

It couldn't have been that embarrassing - no one was there to see it!

I love the re-enactment, though.

K. Leatherwood said...

A saw your pictures and asked, "what's wrong with her?" I told her that you ran into the lockers. A asked, "why?"

Signed,
Giggling in NC

chanisgrace said...

Dear Giggling,

Gotta love the candid logic of a four year old! Tell her she'll understand when she's older.

Lindsay said...

Haha, that's AMAZING! I love that you blogged about that!
Gosh, I MISS YOU!

chanisgrace said...

nothing like a run-in with some lockers to make you nostalgic, right? (I miss you too!)