Sunday was church and hang out in College Station, then Monday was the trek to Houston. We had the afternoon and evening with just Rachel's family, then around 9:00 my sister Julie's family arrived. There will be a few more on Christmas evening, but the stats at the moment are 6 children in the single digits (4 months to 9 years) and 6 adults. The kids generally get along and there are enough people and activities that they are fairly content (although we are certainly not lacking in tantrums). Rachel's new house is filled with air mattresses, toys and games (frog juice is a card game), and piles of shoes. There is of course the occasional game of musical cars as teams are picked for the last minute shopping.
I've already been called "Rachel" more times than I can count, especially by Julie's husband and the middle niece. How often has she been called "Sarah?" Zip.
So the last couple of days I've been immersed in the standard family meyhem, but I love seeing everyone again. Even if they don't know who I am.
1 comment:
I know who you are...I mean, aren't we twins? ;)
Post a Comment