Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Catching Up

What's happened since Earth Day?  Let's see if I remember...

Between Diadeloso and my only class on Fridays being canceled due to the professor being out of town, I took my four-day-weekend and ran with it to Austin.  I spent some lazy days with the brother and sister-in-law and got in a good lunch with a high school friend.

After my lazy weekend, I hit the ground running on the last week.  The time of reckoning came for those last papers and quizzes, as well as gathering information for my contract, doing all the heavy work for my workshop sound design, and getting ready for banquet/senior wills.  I ran in circles for the better part of the week without slowing, but finally got all the big stuff taken care of.

Monday was banquet, which went rather swimmingly.  After banquet, we have a couple of unofficial ceremonies, the most extensive of which is senior wills.  All the seniors have the chance to recognize the underclassmen they are close to by giving them special things within the department, honoring inside jokes, and being sentimental.  It was incredibly surreal to be up there giving the best parts of my life away to my friends, but it was fun also honor them.  

Tuesday was the sound design.  It went pretty well, except that I made the CD when I was still asleep, so one of the effects was off.  I'm glad I can put that on my resumé, but I'm also glad that I can take it off my list.  Now to making a few new memories with my friends, graduating, and getting to New Jersey!

The senior "triplets" at banquet


No comments: