Alright. An update on this week.
Friday: Most of the family came in for graduation weekend. I had the opportunity to go out with some of my professors and other seniors for a couple hours while family was occupied, then went to dinner with them. It started out a bit hectic, but was a nice evening overall.
Saturday: Graduation in the morning which wasn't as tedious as I had expected. After all the dreading a morning ceremony, I became grateful to get it over with and carry on with my day. The whole clan went to a steakhouse along the river for lunch. Good company and a cozy restaurant (good to choose something off the beaten path) and some "green water" for the nephews to play along after the meal. We even found a duck to feed. Afterwards, we crammed into my overcrowded living room for a while, then most of the family took off. My mom stayed and we did a little bit of shopping, a little bit of packing.
Sunday: Church, pack, pack, eat, pack
Monday: Early in the morning my mom and a couple of guy friends helped move me into storage in College Station. Zach and Stephen are a great team and very friendly movers. In fact, they were thanking me for giving them something to do. Freebirds for lunch (yes!) then back to Waco. Dinner and a movie with a friend, just because we had nothing better to do.
Tuesday & Wednesday: A little bit of erranding, a little bit of packing, quite a bit of the Mentalist. Also, I got a job. (more on that later)
Thursday: The end of the errands. Also, I fixed my own cruise control. That's right. Who needs big corporate dealerships? Chevrolet Service Man was clearly not interested in fixing my car and made me order my own part (this may be normal for Chevrolet, but the guy was still rude). Ordering was simple enough, but I didn't want to go back to the other guy. When I picked up the part this morning, I saw that it was just a clip in, no fancy wiring involved. Naturally, I went to the theatre, got a second opinion from the shop foreman and a screwdriver, then I popped out the old switch and installed the new one. I have a working cruise control, didn't have to pay for labor, and now know to be skeptical of Chevrolet. All in all, a pretty successful day so far.
Tomorrow is rehearsal dinner, Saturday the wedding, and Sunday I leave town for good. Busy, busy, but good to be running again!
No comments:
Post a Comment