I call it "Leaving the Theatre While There Is Light In the Sky"
This is the most extraordinary of phenomenons and perhaps only possible during the summer. Yes, the end of yesterday's rehearsal occurred BEFORE the sun had completely slipped below the horizon. Spectacular.
The reason this was remotely possible is that I have started my third and final show with New Jersey Shakes. My other two shows went well considering the small amount of support they are given. I'm still glad I had a chance to work on those two shows, but it is much simpler now that I'm on a mainstage. My days are shorter, my cast is smaller (only four actors), and it's amazing to see how quickly notes are addressed -- with notable exceptions of course. A stage manager's schedule is never truly predictable. Things come up at the last minute which require us to stay later than planned and finishing our day before the sun finishes it's day is still a remarkable event, but there's a pattern to the daily chores that I've picked up pretty well. Busy days and long hours, but it's a relief to finally have a straightforward schedule. And the occasional sunset.
2 comments:
Beautiful picture. I am so glad you are getting the occasional free minutes. You can call!?
Glad you got to enjoy the beautiful sunset. :)
Post a Comment