Saturday, January 10, 2009

Know the Signs: Hong Kong

I present for your enjoyment a collection of fun signs and other ironies found in Hong Kong.


I initially found this precaution very amusing. I now fear that I will find it difficult to cross streets without it.









Always educational.












This is the Spanish Hotel. Can't you tell?











When the bulldog just doesn't cut it.









At Shell, all lights must be fully clothed.










Clearly, this is a sign to Mid-levels and the world's longest outdoor escalator. How did we ever get mixed up?







Two questions: Who bought it? And who's sad that it's gone?











When having tea at the Peninsula, one of the fanciest hotels in the world, we found this Pooh Bear balloon on the ceiling.








Sometimes...there are no words.













Again, a sign to expand my education.













Ocean Park was a typical theme park with snowcones. And tasty squid legs.








You are what you eat. Although, I haven't been able to confirm that pandas actually eat corn.






Proof that Andrew was right - there is a McDonald's at the Peak. It's in the building across from Burger King's.

3 comments:

Genesisblade said...

Oh man, hilarious! I especially love the "no spitting" sign and the sold out tofu cheese cake.

Anonymous said...

That MD's has a decent view of Lamma too if you're on the balcony(it's the island with the three tall smoke stacks).

Anonymous said...

Those boots are kickin'!!!

And I liked the one with the tools falling on the guy's head - it can kill you, ya know.