Thursday, May 28, 2009

Observations

Not a lot has been going on. I spent three days filling out applications and I've been able to schedule a few interviews so I'm mostly just waiting. This means reading and getting caught up on TV shows and working on the next play mostly. Here are some observations I have made recently.

The nephews will play with anything. It's amazing what joy light switches and cat toys can provide. Also, the trebuchet is always a party favorite.

There's nothing better than turning on the radio and hearing the song that's stuck in your head.

I saw a boy today that had a monster truck toy on a leash.

I heard a man on the radio that had recently broken off an engagement because his fiancé wanted him to get a job and help support them financially. He was heartbroken because they already had everything planned -- a ceremony at Mr. Gatti's Pizza Buffet.

Parking lots designed by enviromentalists are difficult to navigate.

In a strange way, I have missed having cat hair on my computer. Cat hair in my mouth, however, not as endearing.

In Austin, there are not seperate radio stations for seperate genres of rock. As a result, the single station consistently plays terrible music. However, I am convinced that there is a sensor that enables them to play Pink Floyd only if I'm about to get out of the car. Tragic really.

There's not much purpose to having a "right lane ends" sign six yards after the merge.

Jason's Deli is an ideal place for five hour lunches. I would also like to report that I only had one bowl of ice cream during that time.

Maybe I've listened to a radio station too long when I can identify the songs by the first chord.

NCIS has progressively worse lighting, progressively worse sound, not much character development, and a strange new way to cap commercial breaks, yet it is the most successful and/or accessible series I like. The others have beyond brilliant designs and characters but are canceled, facing cancellation, or are impossible to find on DVD. Also, it is very difficult to find a good show these days that is not some kind of cop show.

This is my 100th post!

Well, I think that's enough for now. I'll probably have more substance (or pictures) soon. Catch ya later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trebuchets are always fun. David has already asked when he can go back to use it again.

Monster truck on a leash? How funny! And to me, completely normal! I guess it's a good thing I usually understand boys' trains of thought. :)

Lindsay said...

I LOVE it when I turn on the radio and it plays the same song that's on the radio in my head!
P.S. I am so glad you have a blogspot! I hope your summer is going well, and that job hunt will soon be over! :)