Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Don't Stop Me Now

Tonight we had the best rehearsal ever! Last night we had a strong run-thru then had to redo one moment many, many times which was wearying. This afternoon we had our dress rehearsal and I think both of the girls were tired (I know I was). The first run dragged without energy and felt strained. We reworked a few moments then I had my girls improv what happened directly before the scene and continue into the scene itself. The girls were slow at first (as was expected) but they soon got into the game and the scene started with a level of tension that we had never had before. They never lost their energy and tension through the shifting emotions of the scene. We were energized and confident and I know we will be satisfied no matter what happens on Friday because we have performed the scene at it's best. I am excited for workshop and so proud of my girls!

At the end of the scene there is a dance. We played with several different songs and styles of music, trying new things each night. We finally chose "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen which is a highly energizing and empowering song that is fun to dance to and describes the character of Georgie and also our work on the scene. "Don't stop us now, we're having such a good time, having a ball!"

No comments: