I did it. It's over. I have now been a director.
The end of the dance. Lydia has finally relaxed.
Yesterday was the day of truth when our scene was performed for the department. I am very proud of the work the girls did and I think it was a huge success. There were some awkward things like a drink being spilled and the audience laughing at points we did not expect. Also there is a lot of pressure in workshop to do it right since the scene is only performed once. In spite of the small slip-ups, they did a wonderful job and I could not have asked for better! I was also fortunate to have an extreme amount of time for my tech. The group before me had to finish early, so we pounced on the space and set up as soon as they left. That meant we were able to have everything set and ready to go at the time we were supposed to begin instead of fifteen minutes in. That meant that I was able to run the show twice, taking pictures during one run, work some problem areas, take some staged pictures, and get out early. That NEVER happens! The blessings of this were 1) we left feeling confident because we did not need our whole time 2) we left feeling refreshed because we were supposed to finish at midnight 3) I have plenty of pictures to share.
"I'm the big success story. I moved to Boston, I work in a law office and they have no idea what that means! It means I get to read books I don't understand."
"I'm sorry."
"I think you'd better finish your drink."
The end of the dance. Lydia has finally relaxed.
4 comments:
Yay! I'm so proud of you and how you take command! The rehearsal I saw was great as I'm sure the performance was. Great pictures too ;)
thanks girl! i was so glad you were able to come!
wish i could see you in action.
thanks sis. i'm sure that one day i can show you something!
Post a Comment