Okay. That's fine. The old tricks work quite well for me. In fact, I am learning at this point so I am not planning to teach anybody anything. I really don't feel like I'm asking for too much.
Here is my first request: Light, turn on.
Unfortunately, this is too large a task for our archaic lighting instruments.
As a part of our lighting design class we must design a moving light show (sometimes called Roboshow) to 3-5 minutes of music. For the past 10.5 hours at least one person in our class (and at least one lighting staff member) has been trying to make the lights work. The good news is we had a school holiday today so we had the time to deal with it. The process is slow and somewhat excruciating, but the project has a lot of value and should produce something I can be extremely proud of and enjoy.
For now, the conclusion of the day is this: You can't teach these old dogs old tricks!
On a lighter note, my friend made up a lighting joke today. (Background: when a light is on at its highest intensity it is at "full," so a lighting designer will ask for a specific light at full).
THE JOKE: What did God say when he created the world? Sun, at full.
2 comments:
I like the joke!
me too! it kept making me smile throughout the day. and God did speak things into existence...
Post a Comment