Monday, November 14, 2011

20,000 Words Onto the Page

This update pertains to yesterday, so take a moment to pretend it is Sunday, November 13 and the end of the week.  This was an interesting week now that the show has closed and it was my first pure American Greetings week since I started in September.  Monday was a very important day.  Algernon went on his first road trip with Mom and I to College Station and carried home his first load -- my desk and three boxes of books.  Oh, and while in CS I had to go to Hastings.  And buy two more books.

The rest of the week I pretty much devoted to writing a book and getting caught up from performance week.  Friday, I met trouble when I got sick.  I managed to write for a full 5 minutes, churning out a prolific 130 words before succumbing to a medicine-induced sleep (I slept the entire day.)  When I read the thing in December, I'll see if those 130 words stick out horribly.  Fortunately, I had the rest of the weekend to make up for lost time.

What I found this week is that it does start to come more naturally.  Last week I sometimes struggled to get 450 words out of a half hour, this week I'm consistently getting 650.  However, my concern for the weeks ahead is that I'm going to run out of story.  I may need to do something drastic!  For this week however, I am proud to report that I have caught up!  Here are the stats from last night:

Your Average Per Day: 1,646
Target Average Words Per Day: 1,667
Words Written Today: 3,325
Target Word Count: 50,000
Total Words Written: 21,402
Words Remaining: 28,598
Current Day: 13
Days Remaining: 18
At This Rate You Will Finish On: November 30, 2011


This is the first time it has told me I will finish in November!  Woohoo!

3 comments:

K. Leatherwood said...

Want to come help me with a paper?

I'm hoping for 2 pages a day for the rest of the week. Of course, I've got a lot of reading in between all the writing.

You are amazing. I don't know how you don't just explode with awesomeness. :D

chanisgrace said...

I'm telling you... writeordie.com works wonders! Of course, the real test will be the editing. *shudder*

K. Leatherwood said...

The main issue with my subject is that there is so little info that I can find from "acceptable" sources. I need 10 sources. I found 9 articles from the 1980s to the present plus a book.

I'm halfway through page 3 though.