Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Sighting the Finish Line

I know I updated yesterday, but I have to comment about today's success.  Today, I needed 38,333 in order to be on par.  At one of my stopping places, I was at 38,333 precisely.  Yes, I wanted to add "he said" to the end of the sentence, but I left it 38,333 for a couple of hours just for fun.  Tomorrow's par is 40,000, but I planned to take Thanksgiving off, so I preferred to pull ahead rather than behind.  Happily, my stats tonight are these:

Your Average Per Day: 1,754
Target Average Words Per Day: 1,667
Words Written Today: 3,529
Target Word Count: 50,000
Total Words Written: 40,356  
Words Remaining: 9,644 
Current Day: 23
Days Remaining: 8
At This Rate You Will Finish On: November 28, 2011


That's right.  I now have less than 10,000 words to finish NaNoWriMo.  Now I think I am going pass 50,000 words before I run out of novel, but that's okay.  I would rather have that problem than try to write 10,000 words of fluff.


I would love to validate my novel early, and I have a pretty packed work schedule until into December, so here's hoping I stay ahead of the curve.

Happy Thanksgiving to all & to all a good night!

No comments: