Monday, November 28, 2011

Validated


I tell you what, I saw that finish line and I took off.  Two days ago (we're pretending it's still the 27th, so on the 25th I had 8,751 words remaining.  Even though that's pretty close to 9,000 which is pretty close to 10,000 if you divide it in half it doesn't look so bad.  I decided that I would LOVE to push for the over 4,000 a day and finish today (the 27th).  Distractions come and hot water heaters break, but my resolve never faltered.  I pushed through and passed the 50,000 mark just before midnight.  Unfortunately, it took me longer than those ten minutes to figure out where the validation button was hiding, so NaNoWriMo thinks I finished on the 28th.

But we know the truth!!!

I wrote 50,021 words in 27 days.  Really it took me right around 42 hours of actual writing time (let's not talk about procrastinating, I mean, contemplating time).  For the final day, my stats:

Your Average Per Day: 1,853
Words Written Today: 4681
Target Word Count: 50,000
Target Average Words Per Day: 1,667
Total Words Written: 50,021*
Words Remaining: 0
Current Day: 27
Days Remaining: 4
At This Rate You Will Finish On: November 27, 2011
Words Per Day To Finish On Time: 0

*I feel I must mention that even though I "won" NaNoWriMo, I haven't actually finished the story.  I do have a few more scenes left to go, even though I can feel it winding down.  If I'm really good, I will push myself to finish the actual story by the end of the month.  If not, I know I need to finish it soon.  Even so, I am fully celebrating crossing the hurdle of 50,000 words, especially since this is my first year attempt.

1 comment:

K. Leatherwood said...

Very cool!

So, when do you publish?