Monday, November 7, 2011

Silence Will Fall

When you see me next ask, me what happens when a show that has 168 (called) sound cues needs to perform without a working sound program.  SPOILER:  It's an experience.  The story is much better in person with wild hand motions and a myriad of sound effects, or I would post it now.

That's the teaser; the meat of this update is a status report with NaNoWriMo, now that November has started and I've been through a week.  Write or Die is the only way to do it.  As the catch phrase says, it puts the "prod" in "productivity" (I saw that a few days ago and I still find it hilarious).  I always set it to 500 words in 30 mins and sometimes I struggle to make it through and end up with around 400 and sometimes the words just fly from my fingers and I end up with 600.  Interestingly, I usually have more trouble with the first chunk of the day and just fly through the second portion.  This is nice because while I may not have 500 every 30 mins, I consistently have 1000 every hour.

Which is to say in plainer terms, I have been making good progress despite my busy week thanks to the useful tools at my disposal.

I did fall behind my personal goals for the week and certainly fell behind what's "par" for the course, but I still feel good about what I squeezed in and am hopeful for the month as a whole.  What I've written so far is absolute rubbish, but that's the whole point of this thing.  Keep going, no matter what.  I've made a lot more progress in six days than I would have in six weeks if I kept trying to make it unrubbish.  (Please forgive me as I modify an extremely British term for my purposes).  I'm already a winner.  So here are my stats so far copied from the very helpful chart on the NaNoWriMo site.

My Average Per Day: 1,004
Target Average Words Per Day: 1,667
Words Written Today: 2,023 (it was a pretty good day)
Target Word Count: 50,000
Total Words Written: 6,026  
Words Remaining: 43,974
Current Day: 6
Days Remaining: 25
At This Rate You Will Finish On: December 19, 2011 (yes, I know I have some catching up to do, but I think this morning I was poised to finish sometime in January)

No comments: