I want a coat rack. You see it in the movies and in plays all the time and it looks so elegant. Also, there is plenty of room between our front door and our couch to comfortably have a coat rack. I have visualized myself many times coming in from a day of class and rehearsal and stopping by the door to take off my coat and my scarf and placing it on the conveniently located hook. I am rather fond of the image it creates.
Recently, I needed to improvise. I am a complete wimp when it comes to cold weather, so I wore my pea coat on Friday even though it's barely past the "chilly" stage. When I got home, I did not want to hang it up in my closet because I expected to use it again the next day, I did not want to toss it on the floor for obvious reasons, and I did not have the folding chair that normally sits at my desk since it was used in my scene and has not found its way home yet. However, I did have the vacuum cleaner sitting proudly, but unnecessarily in the middle of my room. The handle was at the exact right height and the pea coat hung quite well on it. I was also highly amused every time I checked the time Saturday morning and saw my pea coat on my vacuum cleaner. So I am hopeful; if my dream of owning a coat rack is not fulfilled I know I can supply a suitable substitute...that is, until I need to vacuum.
1 comment:
vacuums make a great place to hang things...
hmmmm....Christmas ideas....
Post a Comment