Sometimes in college you make the choice to buy gas instead of bread, a textbook instead of a LeanCuisine, or a crossword puzzle book for the person spending 6 hours a day making your project look good instead of milk. Then you find yourself on the first of the month, waiting for a check and looking at a surprisingly bare refrigerator. What happens at this juncture? Creative cooking!
My food stores:
A Brita pitcher
One bottle of Gatorade
Lil' Smokies
Breakfast sausage
1 can of Pillsbury French bread left by my roommate
1 can of Pillsbury pizza dough left by my roommate
Chicken sandwich meat left by the roommate
Some cheese (shredded and sliced)
Spaghetti sauce
Cookie dough
Butter
Pineapple
Pancake mix (filled with ants)
Ritz crackers (afraid to open because of ants)
Peanut butter
Some spices
The options are limited to clogged arteries, sugar rush, and condiments. Anything remotely useful is immediate bait for the ants. After a day or two of contemplation (and one vivid dream -- although in the dream I at least had tortillas) I came up with a solution: Cheese Pizza.
Start with Christina's pizza dough. Add spaghetti sauce. Next add the rest of the shredded cheese and three whole slices of cheese. Eat the last slice of cheese separately. Bake. Let cool. Enjoy. I just pulled it out of the oven, and it is actually successful!
Any other suggestions?
5 comments:
You could make pigs-in-a-blanket. Use the french bread dough to wrap the lil' smokies and/or breakfast sausage. Rely on the pineapple and Gatorade to provide the vitamins and minerals you need to keep going.
And, yes, the check is coming! ;-)
no pressure! i was just proud of myself and wanted to share! thanks for the tip!
Ah! The joys of creative cooking. And good for you with the cheese pizza!
Love ya!
PS~ I called the other day because I wanted to tell you that I saw Ralph and he looked like he was well taken care of.
I remember I had a few of those "creative cooking" days!
one more idea - learn the fine art of mooching! Learn your friends' dinner times and show up five/ten minutes beforehand. They're sure to offer you some food! This works great if you get to know a family with small children. They are more likely to have a regular dinnertime and more likely to have food to spare.
Post a Comment